Church Mutual raises more than $150k for Merrill Area United Way
MERRILL, Wis. – Church Mutual Insurance Company raised $151,060 for Merrill Area United Way in September during its annual fundraising event, raising its total contributions to the agency to more than $1.1 million since 2000. Employees raised $75,530 in 2017, and the company matched it dollar for dollar.
“Once again, Church Mutual employees and the company have shown their deep compassion for the community,” said Dee Olsen, executive director of the Merrill Area United Way. “Everyone who works at Church Mutual can take pride in their ongoing demonstration of support to the community.”
The company, which raised more than $131,000 for United Way in 2016, raises its contributions through pledges, various events and activities held at Church Mutual.
About Church Mutual
Church Mutual Insurance Company, founded in 1897, offers specialized insurance for religious organizations of all denominations, as well as schools, camps, denominational offices and senior living facilities. Church Mutual markets most lines of commercial property and liability insurance, including multi-peril, workers' compensation and commercial auto insurance. In addition to insurance, Church Mutual provides a spectrum of value-added solutions that benefit its customers. Church Mutual holds the following honors:
- A.M. Best Company "A" (excellent) rating
- 2017 Ward’s 50 Top Performing Property and Casualty Insurers
- BenchmarkPortal Top 10 National Customer Service Center
- Wisconsin 75 by Deloitte US, 2016 and 2017
- Futuremakers Partner, by Wisconsin Technical College System
- Celent Model Insurer for innovation and emerging technologies
- Award in Innovation for entrepreneurialism and innovation, by National Association of Mutual Insurance Companies
# # #
For media inquiries, contact Dawn Bernatz, Director of Marketing Strategy and Communications, at (715) 539-4574 or email@example.com.