Severe Weather Preparedness
Be ready to weather any storm
Lightning, wind and hail, hurricanes, tornadoes and floods, severe winter weather - all pose a significant risk to the safety of your organization and people.
Having a plan in place makes for safer people and property. Preparation is key to making sure your organization is primed and ready before the weather takes a turn for the worse. To help your organization minimize potential damage and destruction, we have compiled information, resources and more.
Preparedness guides and resources
See how you can prepare and protect your organization from nature's destructive forces by viewing the materials below.
- 10 Essentials of Severe Weather Preparedness
- Hurricane Preparedness Guide
- Hurricane Safety
- Reducing Hail Damage
- Weather Protection for Your Organization
- Recovering After a Disaster
- Helping Out After a Disaster
- Finding the Right Shelter for Severe Weather
Step up your severe weather and natural disaster preparedness with the following resources.
- Severe Weather Preparedness Assessment
- Severe Weather Preparedness Assessment (Spanish)
- Hurricane Tabletop Exercise
- Hurricane Exercise Evaluation
- Tornado Tabletop Exercise
- Tornado Exercise Evaluation
- EZ-Prep: IBHS Toolkit
Translating research into action
We’re here to help
If you have additional questions or need help with any topics related to severe weather or natural disaster preparedness, contact our Risk Control Central team.
Call: (800) 554-2642, ext. 5213