Severe Weather Preparedness
Be ready to weather any storm
Lightning, wind and hail, hurricanes, tornadoes and floods, severe winter weather - all pose a significant risk to the safety of your organization and people.
Having a plan in place makes for safer people and property. Preparation is key to making sure your organization is primed and ready before the weather takes a turn for the worse. To help your organization minimize potential damage and destruction, we have compiled information, resources and more.
Preparedness guides and resources
See how you can prepare and protect your organization from nature's destructive forces by viewing the materials below.
- 10 Essentials of Severe Weather Preparedness
- What You Need to Know About Wind Storms
- React Quickly to Flooding and Hail
- Prepare for Winter Weather
- Take Precautions Against Lightning
- Roofing Product Comparisons
- Hurricane Readiness
- Recovering After a Disaster
- Helping Out After a Disaster
- Finding the Right Shelter for Severe Weather
Step up your severe weather and natural disaster preparedness with the following resources.
- Severe Weather Preparedness Assessment
- Preparación Para Eventos Climáticos Extremos: Evaluación (en Español)
- Hurricane Tabletop Exercise
- Hurricane Exercise Evaluation
- Tornado Tabletop Exercise
- Tornado Exercise Evaluation
- EZ-Prep: IBHS Toolkit
Translating research into action
We’re here to help
If you have additional questions or need help with any topics related to severe weather or natural disaster preparedness, contact our Risk Control Central team.
Call: (800) 554-2642, ext. 5213