Legal and Privacy Notices
Church Mutual means Church Mutual Insurance Company, S.I. and its affiliates and subsidiaries.
Church Mutual Insurance Company, S.I.
Privacy Practices Disclosure Notice
Our Company Policy
We do not disclose any nonpublic personal information about our individual policyholders or claimants to any affiliate or any nonaffiliated third party other than those permitted by law and only for the purpose of transacting the business of your insurance coverage or your claim. We do not sell any customer or policyholder information to mailing list companies or mass marketing companies. We treat our policyholder information as confidential.
Some states have enacted legislation that regulates the use of nonpublic information maintained by financial service institutions and insurance carriers on their customers who are insured with them. In the interest of providing you with an affirmation of our commitment to maintaining the privacy of customer and claimant information, we have prepared the following Privacy Practices Disclosure Notice. Please take time to review the information, as it is relevant to our business partnership with you.
This Privacy Practices Disclosure Notice outlines the privacy practices of Church Mutual Insurance Company, S.I. listed below:
This Privacy Practices Disclosure Notice will notify you of:
- The categories of nonpublic, personal, identifiable information (not corporate information) that Church Mutual collects from you or from a third party about you or about participants, beneficiaries or claimants under your insurance coverage
- How Church Mutual uses the information
- The categories of affiliates and nonaffiliate third parties with whom Church Mutual shares the information, as permitted by law and
- The kind of security policies and procedures that are in place to protect the confidentiality and security of nonpublic personal information provided to Church Mutual.
If you have questions or concerns regarding this Privacy Practices Disclosure Notice, you should contact Church Mutual by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us at:
Sandra M. Woller
Assistant Vice President - Chief Compliance Officer
Church Mutual Insurance Company, S.I.
3000 Schuster Lane
P.O. Box 357
Merrill, WI 54452-0357
1. PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION COLLECTED
Church Mutual wants you to conduct business with us knowing that we protect personal information. Church Mutual collects personally identifiable information from you or from third parties about you or about participants, beneficiaries or claimants under your insurance coverage as a part of the insurance application, underwriting, claims, administration and servicing process.
We collect nonpublic personal information from the following sources:
- Information we receive on applications or other forms and which may include policyholder, participant, beneficiary or claimant name, address, telephone number, social security number, household information, vehicle and driver information, date of birth, medical information related to underwriting and claims and insurance coverage information
- Information about transactions with us, our affiliates or others, including information about previous claims or accidents, medical information related to claims, information about the circumstances of your accident or injury (if applicable) and the names of witnesses and other contact information and
- Information we receive from consumer reporting agencies, state motor vehicle departments and inspection services.
2. HOW THE INFORMATION IS USED
The information Church Mutual collects is used to provide policy and premium quotes, process underwriting applications, administer claims and answer questions or concerns about our insurance products and services. We also use the information for account administration reporting, investigating, or preventing fraud or material misrepresentation processing premium billing payments processing and defending insurance claims administering insurance benefits (including utilization review activities) and as otherwise required or permitted by federal or state law.
Church Mutual maintains paper copies or electronic archives of the information provided by you or by a third party for policy quoting for processing and administering your application or claims made under your policy and for improving our products and services. This information is kept internal to Church Mutual, except when needed to verify the information provided, to service your policy or claim as required or permitted by law. The information is not available to the general public. Church Mutual retains the information collected when a claim is filed under your policy for as long as required by law or regulation or as long as the claim is open and thereafter for a period set by the appropriate underwriting or claims records retention policies of Church Mutual.
3. SHARING INFORMATION GATHERED
We do not disclose nonpublic personal information about you or about participants, beneficiaries or claimants under your insurance policy to anyone, except as permitted by law. We may share information about you or about participants, beneficiaries or claimants under your policy in the normal business of conducting insurance operations, such as providing you with an insurance quote or processing, servicing and administering your insurance policy and your claims.
Even without your authorization, once you become a Church Mutual customer or claimant, we are permitted by law to share information about you to entities, such as:
- A third party if it is reasonably necessary to enable the party to perform services for us, such as claims investigations, appraisals or the detection of fraud or material misrepresentations
- Any of our affiliated companies who provide services to you
- Insurance regulatory authorities, reporting agencies or, if applicable, involuntary market administrators
- State motor vehicle department to obtain a report of any accidents or convictions
- Law enforcement agencies or other governmental authorities to protect our interest or to report illegal activities
- Persons or organizations conducting insurance actuarial or research studies, subject to appropriate confidentiality agreements and
- As otherwise permitted or required by law.
We also are permitted by law to disclose the following information to companies that perform marketing services on our behalf or with whom we have joint marketing agreements, including:
- Information we receive on applications or other forms, such as policyholder or claimant name, address, social security number, insurance coverages, vehicle and driver information and certain claims information
- Information about transactions with us, our affiliates or others, such as insurance coverages, vehicle and driver information and claims information and
- Information we receive from third parties, such as a consumer reporting agency, state motor vehicle records or claims history.
We do not sell any customer or policyholder information to mailing list companies or mass marketing companies. We treat our policyholder information as confidential.
4. SECURITY POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you or about participants, beneficiaries and claimants under your insurance policy to those employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with state and federal regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information.
Church Mutual also uses a wide variety of data protection procedures and computer hardware and software tools to guard system and data privacy and integrity. Church Mutual's computer systems also are protected by additional measures, such as encrypted data transmissions, network routers and firewalls intended to prevent unauthorized access.
5. ACCESS AND CORRECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may request access to certain information about you that we have in our records. To request access, please send us a written request. Be sure to reasonably describe the information you want. If you believe that your information is incomplete or inaccurate, you may request that we make changes. Please send any of the requests listed above in writing to:
Chief Compliance Officer
Church Mutual Insurance Company, S.I.
3000 Schuster Lane
P.O. Box 357
Merrill, WI 54452-0357
If you request corrections, additions or deletions, we will either make the changes that you request or notify you why we will not do so. If we decline your request, in some states you may have the right to file a concise statement with us about the dispute.
The rights in this section do not apply in certain cases, such as information related to litigation.
We reserve the right to change our privacy practices in the future, which may include sharing nonpublic personal information about you with nonaffiliated third parties. Before we do that, we will provide you with a revised Privacy Practices Disclosure Notice and give you the opportunity to opt out of that type of information sharing.
Coverages and Services:
This website contains only a general description of coverages and does not include all the benefits and limitations found in our policies. The insurance policy, not general descriptions in this website, will form the contract between the insured and the insurance company. The precise coverage afforded by any insurer is subject to the terms and conditions of the policies as issued. Neither Church Mutual nor its employees or agents shall be liable to any party for the use of any information or statements made or contained herein.
Loss Control Disclaimer:
The information and suggestions in this website are presented as a guide. No results are guaranteed, and no liability is assumed as to the information or safety suggestions presented. No assumption can be made that every acceptable safety procedure is stated. Abnormal, unusual or particular circumstances may require different or additional procedures.
Customer Privacy Notice:
We do not disclose any nonpublic personal information about our individual policyholders or claimants to any affiliate or any nonaffiliated third party other than those permitted by law and only for the purpose of transacting the business of insurance coverage or claims for our policyholders. We do not sell any customer or policyholder information to mailing list companies or mass marketing companies. We treat our policyholder information as confidential.
At Church Mutual, we will:
Collect and use only that nonpublic personal information which is necessary or relevant to our business.
Use only legitimate means to collect personal information and, to the extent practicable, collect such information directly from the individual concerned.
Make a reasonable effort to determine that the information acted upon is accurate, relevant, timely and complete.
Make personal information available externally only when responding to legitimate business inquiries or regulatory authority or as required or permitted by law. Internal access to this information will be limited to those who have a legitimate need for it.
This website contains links to third-party websites and services that are not owned or controlled by Church Mutual. We have no control over and assume no responsibility for, the content, services or products offered/provided, privacy policies, or practices of any third-party websites. By using this website you acknowledge and agree that Church Mutual shall not be liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with or reliance on any such content, goods, or services available on or through any such websites or services. We strongly advise you to read the terms and conditions and privacy policies of all third-party websites and services/products that you visit or obtain from these third party websites/providers.
Malicious Software Disclaimer:
Church Mutual makes reasonable efforts to provide a website free from malicious software that may be damaging. Church Mutual does not make any express or implied warranties or representations in this regard.
No Legal Advice Provided:
Church Mutual has placed information on this website as a service to its customers. Although care has been taken to ensure the accuracy, completeness and reliability of the information provided, Church Mutual assumes no responsibility. While the information on this site may reference to legal issues, it is not intended as legal advice or as a substitute for the particularized advice of your own counsel. Anyone seeking specific legal advice or assistance should retain an attorney.
The user of the information agrees that the information is subject to change without notice. Church Mutual assumes no responsibility for the consequences of use of such information, nor for any infringement of third party intellectual property rights which may result from its use. IN NO EVENT SHALL CHURCH MUTUAL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGE RESULTING FROM, ARISING OUT OF, OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF THIS INFORMATION.
Certificate of Authority:
Church Mutual Insurance Company, S.I., 3000 Schuster Lane, Merrill, Wisconsin 54452, is licensed in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. Our Certificate of Authority number from the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) is 18767.
Church Mutual's California Certificate of Authority number is 2867-0.