Church Mutual Insurance Company
3000 Schuster Lane
P.O. Box 357
Merrill, Wisconsin 54452-0357
Main telephone numbers
- Corporate headquarters: (800) 554-2642 and (715) 536-5577
- Corporate headquarters fax: (715) 539-4650
- Claims (to report or check claim status): (800) 554-2642 (select Option 2)
- Accounting (for billing questions): (800) 554-2642 (select Option 3)
- Field sales offices: (800) 554-2642 (select Option 1)
- Media contacts: Dawn Bernatz at (715) 539-4574
- Spanish help line: (800) 241-9848
Church Mutual operates in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.
Church Mutual insures more religious institutions than any other company in the United States.
Only nine individuals have served as president of Church Mutual Insurance Company and just five of them held the position on a full-time basis. Rich Poirier, the current CEO, took office on Jan. 8, 2016.
Church Mutual is a mutual insurance company. This means that we are owned by our customers. We are not affiliated with any denomination or other organization.
Church Mutual has received the A (Excellent) rating, with a "stable outlook," from A.M. Best Company.
At year-end 2016, Church Mutual assets were $1.7 billion, Policyholders' Security Fund (surplus) was $663.8 million and annual premium volume was $753.0 million.
As of January 1, 2016, Church Mutual's employment numbered 1,050. Of these, 800 are employed at the Home Office in Merrill and 250 are located elsewhere throughout the country. For employment opportunities, please click here.