Giving the Religious Leaders of Tomorrow a Helping Hand Today
As part of our mission, Protecting the Greater Good, Church Mutual Insurance Company, S.I. believes supporting today's vibrant and dedicated religious scholars will ensure strong faith-based communities tomorrow. Our foundation, CM CARES®, is pleased to support the future of religious communities like yours through a scholarship program.
The 2020 CM CARES Religious Scholarship Program
For the fourth year in a row, CM CARES will award up to $250,000 in scholarships to deserving graduate-level religious scholars. Fifty scholarship winners will each receive a $5,000 award that may be used to pay for tuition, fees, books or other costs of attending school during the 2020-21 academic year. We encourage students of all faiths to apply.
To be eligible for this scholarship, a student must:
- Be enrolled or be planning to enroll in a full-time or part-time*, graduate or doctorate religious studies program** at an accredited or conditionally accredited*** United States theological seminary, college, or university of higher learning, for the entire 2020-21 academic year.
- *Usually a minimum of 6 credits; however, this varies by school. If you are unsure whether you are enrolled part-time, please check what your school’s part-time enrollment policy is.
- **Applicants must be pursuing a master’s or doctorate degree in an area of religious study. This can be any area of religious study provided the applicant intends to enter full-time ministry following completion of studies.
- ***Institutions in the process of achieving accreditation.
- Demonstrate personal impact throughout education, work experiences, and volunteerism.
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale or its equivalent.
- Be committed to entering the practice of full-time ministry* in the United States** following completion of studies.
- *Full-time ministry includes holding a paid leadership position within a church body as a primary means of income.
- **Must be physically within the United States.
- International applicants are not eligible to apply for this program. Each scholarship is a one-time, non-renewable award. Previous winners are not eligible.
Application now open!
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Questions? Please contact email@example.com or call at 507-931-8342.