Giving the Religious Leaders of Tomorrow a Helping Hand Today
As part of our mission, Protecting the Greater Good, Church Mutual Insurance Company, S.I. ® believes supporting today's vibrant and dedicated religious scholars will ensure strong faith-based communities tomorrow. CM CARES®, the Church Mutual Insurance Company Foundation, is pleased to support the future of religious communities like yours through a scholarship program.
The 2021 CM CARES Religious Scholarship Program
CM CARES will award up to $62,500 in scholarships to deserving graduate-level religious scholars. Twenty-five scholarship winners will each receive a $2,500 award that may be used to pay for tuition, fees, books or other costs of attending school during the 2021-22 academic year. We encourage students of all faiths to apply.
The scholarship application window will open Feb. 9, 2021, and close April 6, 2021, at 3 p.m. EST.
- Be enrolled in a full-time or part-time*, advanced degree (master’s or doctorate) religious studies program** at an accredited or conditionally accredited*** United States theological seminary, college or university of higher learning, for the upcoming academic year.
- * Usually a minimum of 6 credits; however, this varies by school. If you are unsure whether you are enrolled part-time, please check your school’s part-time enrollment policy.
- **Applicants must be pursuing a master’s or doctorate degree in an area of religious study. This can be any area of religious study provided the applicant intends to enter full-time ministry following completion of studies.
- ***Institutions in the process of achieving accreditation.
- Demonstrate personal impact throughout education, work experiences and volunteerism.
- Have a cumulative minimum grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale or its equivalent.
- Be committed to entering the practice of full-time ministry* in the United States** following completion of studies,
- *Full-time ministry includes holding a paid leadership position within a church body as a primary means of income.
- **Must be physically in the United States.
- International applications will not be accepted.
Note: No employee of Church Mutual Insurance Company Foundation, Inc., Church Mutual Insurance Company, or any family member of such employee, is eligible to apply. No officer or director of Church Mutual Insurance Company, the Church Mutual Insurance Company Foundation, Inc. or member of the Selection Committee, employee or family member of any officer, director, or member of the Selection Committee, is eligible to apply.
Questions about the program? Please contact Scholarship America at email@example.com or (507) 931-8342. Emailed questions will be answered within 12-24 hours.