Church Mutual® foundation offering financial help to needy communities nationwide
MERRILL, Wis. Church Mutual Insurance Company, S. I. (a stock insurer)1, through its foundation, CM CARES®, has established a $500,000 “COVID-19 Protecting the Greater Good Recovery Fund.” This fund prioritizes donations to support essential needs provided by 501c3 religious, education, nonprofit/human services, senior living and camps organizations that are experiencing increased demand for services and/or supplies caused by the pandemic. This includes programs that support feeding those in need; elder care; medical needs; mental health programs; homeless shelters; and child and domestic abuse programs.
“This company is driven by its values, and one of those values says we are powered by purpose,” according to Rich Poirier, president and CEO of Church Mutual. “In our business, we protect organizations from risk, but we do so much more. We put a big emphasis on supporting the communities where we live and do business. Our country and citizens are hurting, and we are ready to step up in a big way.”
CM CARES provides an effective mechanism for Church Mutual to provide financial support to religious, educational and charitable activities that advance the human condition, in keeping with the company’s mission, vision and commitment to Protect the Greater Good.®
1Church Mutual is a stock insurer whose policyholders are members of the parent mutual holding company formed on 1/1/2020. S.I. = a stock insurer.
About Church Mutual
Church Mutual Insurance Company, S.I., founded in 1897, offers specialized insurance for religious organizations of all denominations, public and private K-12 schools, colleges and universities, senior living facilities, camps and conference centers, and nonprofit and human services organizations throughout the United States. Church Mutual markets most lines of commercial property and liability insurance, including multi-peril, workers' compensation and commercial auto insurance. In addition to insurance, Church Mutual provides a spectrum of value-added solutions that benefit its customers. Church Mutual holds the following honors:
- A.M. Best Company "A" (excellent) rating
- BenchmarkPortal Top 10 National Customer Service Center
- Wisconsin 75 Top Private Company by Deloitte US, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019
- Wisconsin 75 Distinguished Performer: Innovation by Deloitte US 2019
- Futuremakers Partner by Wisconsin Technical College System
- Celent Model Insurer for innovation and emerging technologies
- Award in Innovation for entrepreneurialism and innovation by National Association of Mutual Insurance Companies
- 2018-2019 Employer of the Year by Northcentral Technical College