Keeping safe when using moveable carts
There are numerous areas within your ministry that present a variety of safety concerns, and the use of moveable television carts should be added to your list.
Whether it’s a nursery, Sunday school or an after-school program, most religious organizations have programs that involve children. Many of these programs utilize a television with a video cassette player or DVD player for entertainment and education purposes.
Simple steps help prevent accidents
If you have a television and other equipment on a moveable cart, there are some steps you need to take to help prevent accidents from occurring:
- Always secure televisions and audiovisual equipment to moveable carts by using a strap or mounting brackets
- Make sure the carts are rated for the size and weight of the equipment.
- Flatscreen televisions require a custom bracket or a cart made specifically for these units as flatscreen televisions have a tendency to tip easily due to their higher center of gravity and smaller base footprint.
- Don’t allow children to move the carts around without supervision.
- Never allow children to play on television carts, even if the television is strapped down.
For a complete collection of the Risk Alert series, click here.