Church Mutual announces leadership promotion
MERRILL, Wis. – Church Mutual Insurance Company recently announced the promotion of Kevin Root to executive vice president – operations.
In his new role, Root will provide direction for the company and position Church Mutual and its family of companies for continued success and expansion into new markets and segments.
“I am excited to have someone with Kevin’s experience and business knowledge on my leadership team,” said Rich Poirier, Church Mutual’s president and CEO. “Kevin’s combination of operations experience and financial acumen are an incredible asset to this company.”
Root joined Church Mutual in September 2012 as vice president and chief financial officer and was promoted to senior vice president of operations in January 2016. He is a member of the board of directors for CM Vantage Specialty Insurance Company, CM Regent Insurance Company and CM CARES, the Church Mutual Insurance Company foundation.
About Church Mutual
Church Mutual Insurance Company, founded in 1897, offers specialized insurance for religious organizations of all denominations, as well as schools, camps, denominational offices and senior living facilities. Church Mutual markets most lines of commercial property and liability insurance, including multi-peril, workers' compensation and commercial auto insurance. In addition to insurance, Church Mutual provides a spectrum of value-added solutions that benefit its customers. Church Mutual holds the following honors:
- A.M. Best Company "A" (excellent) rating
- 2017 Ward’s 50 Top Performing Property and Casualty Insurers
- BenchmarkPortal Top 10 National Customer Service Center
- Wisconsin 75 by Deloitte US, 2016 and 2017
- Futuremakers Partner, by Wisconsin Technical College System
- Celent Model Insurer for innovation and emerging technologies
- Award in Innovation for entrepreneurialism and innovation, by National Association of Mutual Insurance Companies
# # #
For media inquiries, contact Dawn Bernatz, Director of Marketing Strategy and Communications, at (715) 539-4574 or firstname.lastname@example.org.