Church Mutual service center again named Center of Excellence
MERRILL, Wis. – Church Mutual Insurance Company's National Customer Service Center has been recertified as a Center of Excellence by BenchmarkPortal.
This marks the eighth consecutive year the company has earned this prestigious award in the customer service and support industry.
"This achievement is a testament to the commitment we have to our customers and providing effective and efficient service," said Rich Poirier, Church Mutual's president and CEO. "It is a reflection of the best-in-class service we provide to our customers day-in and day-out."
The 2016 recertification is based upon best-practice metrics drawn from objective and quantitative data audited and validated by BenchmarkPortal researchers.
“This certification attests to the fact that call center leaders have successfully balanced efficiency and effectiveness in their operations," said Bruce Belfiore, CEO, BenchmarkPortal. "By optimizing their cost components and their ability to satisfy customers, they exemplify best practices in a very important sector."
Among Church Mutual's service center's performance indicators:
- Average speed of answer of 10.50 seconds, almost three times faster than the property casualty insurance industry average (32.32 seconds).
- Percentage of dropped calls (1.09) far lower than the industry average (4.19).
- Average time in queue (11.90 seconds) way below the industry average (58.21 seconds).
- Average hold time (20 seconds) less than half the industry average (46.29 seconds).
- It handles 184,800 emails annually, again almost tripling the industry average of 73,031.
- It handles about 365,000 calls per year.
"I am so pleased by this recognition and the standard that my supervisors and service representatives have set," said Jon Smith, Commercial Lines Operations manager. "This award confirms we are providing outstanding customer service."
About Church Mutual
Church Mutual Insurance Company, founded in 1897, offers specialized insurance for religious organizations of all denominations, as well as schools, camps, denominational offices and senior living facilities. Church Mutual markets most lines of commercial property and liability insurance, including multi-peril, workers' compensation and commercial auto insurance. In addition to insurance, Church Mutual provides a spectrum of value-added solutions that benefit its customers. Church Mutual holds the following honors:
- A.M. Best Company “A (Excellent)” rating
- 2016 Ward’s 50 Top Performing Property and Casualty Insurers
- BenchmarkPortal Top 10 National Customer Service Center
- 2016 Wisconsin 75 by Deloitte US
- Futuremakers Partner, by Wisconsin Technical College System