Church Mutual campaign tops $175,000 for Merrill Area United Way
MERRILL, Wis. - Church Mutual Insurance Company raised $175,602 for Merrill Area United Way in September during its annual fundraising event, besting last year’s total by more than $20,000. Employees raised $87,801 in 2019, and the company matched it dollar for dollar. Since 2000, Church Mutual has contributed more than $1.5 million to Merrill Area United Way.
“Once again, Church Mutual’s employees and the company surpassed any and every previous goal,” said Dee Olsen, executive director of the Merrill Area United Way. “Every year, CMIC raises the bar and astounds us.”
The employees, along with President and CEO Rich Poirier, are motivated to continue their support of the United Way movement. This year, the monetary goal was to raise at least $75,000 with 640 employees participating. Both goals were exceeded.
“Church Mutual maintains a steadfast commitment to improving the communities where we live and work,” Poirier said. “The employees really step up, year after year, to support United Way’s efforts to help make Merrill a better place.”
The company, which donated more than $154,000 to United Way in 2018, raises its contributions through pledges, various events and activities held at Church Mutual.
About Church Mutual
Church Mutual Insurance Company, founded in 1897, offers specialized insurance for religious organizations of all denominations, as well as schools, camps, denominational offices and senior living facilities. Church Mutual markets most lines of commercial property and liability insurance, including multi-peril, workers' compensation and commercial auto insurance. In addition to insurance, Church Mutual provides a spectrum of value-added solutions that benefit its customers. Church Mutual holds the following honors:
- A.M. Best Company "A" (excellent) rating
- 2018 Ward’s 50 Top Performing Property and Casualty Insurers
- BenchmarkPortal Top 10 National Customer Service Center
- Wisconsin 75 by Deloitte US, 2016, 2017 and 2018
- Futuremakers Partner, by Wisconsin Technical College System
- Celent Model Insurer for innovation and emerging technologies
- Award in Innovation for entrepreneurialism and innovation, by National Association of Mutual Insurance Companies
- 2018-2019 Employer of the Year, by Northcentral Technical College