Giving the Religious Leaders of Tomorrow a Helping Hand Today
As part of our mission to Protect the Greater Good, Church Mutual Insurance Company believes supporting today's vibrant and dedicated religious scholars will ensure strong faith-based communities tomorrow. Our foundation, CM CARES, is pleased to support the future of religious communities like yours through a scholarship program.
The 2019 CM CARES Religious Scholars Program
For the third year in a row, CM CARES will award up to $250,000 in scholarships to deserving graduate-level religious scholars. Each scholarship winner will receive a $5,000 award that may be used to pay for tuition, fees, books or other costs of attending school full-time during the 2019-20 academic year. We encourage students of all faiths to apply.
To be eligible for this scholarship, a student must:
- Be enrolled part-time* or full-time in a graduate or doctorate degree program in theology, ministry, or other religious field of study at an accredited or conditionally accredited** theological seminary, college, or university for the 2019-20 academic year.
- Maintain a GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (or its equivalent).
- Be committed to entering the practice of full-time ministry in the United States.
- Demonstrate personal impact through education, work experience, and volunteerism.
* Part-time requires a minimum of 6 hours
** Conditionally accredited means an institution is in the process of achieving accreditation.