About CM CARES.
CM CARES, the Church Mutual Insurance Company Foundation, was established in early 2016 to allow for contributions to charitable, educational and religious causes that advance the human condition on behalf of Church Mutual.
At its core, Church Mutual is built on service to its customers and community.
We pride ourselves on being a specialist in an industry that has a passion for helping others. We believe in the higher order of what our customers are doing - improving the human condition. And we have a high regard for protecting the traditions they hold dear.
Gifts large and small have been granted throughout the U.S. to charitable, educational, religious, scientific and literary causes on behalf of Church Mutual.
- The Religious Scholars Program that awards $250,000 for 50 scholarships for religious students to help support the future of our religious leaders. Religious students of all denominations are encouraged to apply.
- Funding for The Branch and The Commons, two college student entrepreneur development programs designed to strengthen talent in central Wisconsin and southeast Wisconsin.
- A land grant that enables construction of the Northwoods Veterans Post in Merrill, Wis. The post is expected to serve more than 21,000 veterans from six counties.
- Sponsorship of MKE Fellows, an initiative that encourages young, African-American men from Milwaukee to complete their college education and launch successful careers.
- Sponsorship of the American Red Cross disaster preparedness app suite, helping to protect and prepare for dangerous weather.
- Sponsorship of Marquette University's Mission Week.
- A donation to Kokomo Urban Outreach to provide aid to victims of the Kokomo, Ind., tornadoes.
- A donation to the American Red Cross to assist Louisiana flood victims.
- Contributions to numerous organizations nationwide, including Big Brothers and Big Sisters, Boys and Girls Club, Cummunidad Hispana, Salvation Army and more.
As our foundation - and our company - continues to grow, we look forward to continually protecting and supporting the greater good.