A Property and Liability Insurance Program Exclusively for CCCA Member Camps and Conferences
Protecting your camp or conference center
Imagine the pain of having the future of your camp or conference center threatened or destroyed by an injury to a camper, guest, worker or by property damage. Without proper insurance protection, that's precisely what could happen.
To maximize your protection and to help you properly care for your campers/guests, CCCA has entered into an agreement with Church Mutual Insurance Company to provide a property and liability insurance program exclusively for CCCA member camps and conference centers. Through this program, you get protection designed specifically for camps, along with the potential to earn safety dividends and premium credits.
Church Mutual offers excellent experience and service
For more than 40 years, Church Mutual has been providing specialized coverage for camps and conference centers throughout the United States. Today, the company insures nearly 1,800 camps. It has received consistently high ratings for financial stability every year since 1952 from A.M. Best Company, the leading industry analyst.
Reports from satisfied CCCA members impressed with the company's fast, fair claim settlements and general service are common. Church Mutual also offers a detailed on-site risk analysis to make sure you receive the best insurance value. This is a value-added service they offer at no charge.
Coverages designed specifically for camp and conference center risks
Church Mutual representatives work one-on-one with you to establish a broad property and liability insurance program that is geared to your specific needs. The company offers protection for activities few general insurers cover, such as horseback riding, ropes courses, zip lines, waterfront activities and climbing walls. Now, through this exclusive offer to CCCA members, coverage is better than ever.
Broad-ranging property coverage
The base policy provides a wide range of coverages for your buildings and personal property. Your Church Mutual representative will recommend a plan that is most appropriate to your budget and facility's exposure to damage.
The policy also includes coverage for mechanical breakdown, artificially generated electrical currents and steam boiler explosion. This "systems and equipment breakdown coverage" protects equipment, such as computers, copiers, telephones, video equipment, air conditioners, engines, elevators, compressors, pumps, blowers and generators.
Every Church Mutual policy also automatically offers many valuable extensions, at no extra cost. Here are a few examples:
- Insurance for extra expenses to continue your operation following an insured loss
- Up to 180 days automatic coverage for newly constructed buildings or additions, and newly acquired buildings and personal property
- Coverage for camp/conference owned property when off-premises — necessary for your canoe trips and other excursions
Key property coverage options
To provide the flexibility your camp/conference needs, several valuable property coverage options are available. Among these are:
- Loss of income
- Agreed amount policies, without coinsurance requirements
- Theft and bond
- Blanket building and/or contents
- Inflation protection for buildings and contents
- Expanded coverage for refrigerated food products
Shelter from liability risks
Church Mutual's policy offers liability protection so you can operate without undue fear of the severe consequences of legal action against your facility, staff (paid and volunteer), board and officers.
Church Mutual offers general liability coverage for your board members, employees and volunteers. Protection is provided against claims of negligence involving bodily injury, property damage, personal injury and advertising
Corporal punishment coverage is automatically provided to CCCA participants.
Sexual misconduct and molestation
Liability protection is provided for certain claims involving actual or alleged acts of sexual misconduct or molestation. Coverage is for your camp/conference officers, employees, board members and volunteers while they are acting in the scope of their duties. Of course, no coverage is provided for anyone who participated in the act of molestation or misconduct.
Protection is provided to cover medical expenses for your volunteer workers and visitors while at your facility or at sponsored activities away from your facility.
As an option for your guests, you may choose to provide primary or excess medical payments coverage, or no coverage at all — relying instead on guest medical coverages available through other CCCA business members.
Other important coverage options
Church Mutual offers optional professional liability coverages that include:
- Counseling professional liability
- Directors, officers and trustees liability
- Employee benefits liability
- Incidental medical services liability
- Employment practices liability to cover sexual harassment, discrimination and wrongful termination
Other valuable coverages to increase your protection
- Workers' Compensation – to protect your facility and employees from job-related accidents and injuries both domestically and internationally.
- Commercial Auto – for your owned truck, bus or fleet with only one deductible for two insured vehicles that collide.
- Umbrella Liability – to increase limits beyond those of your multi-peril, auto and certain other liability policies. Essential if you transport campers/guests.
Safety materials just for camps
Church Mutual offers risk management materials at its website that are designed specifically for camps and conference centers. They are offered to our customers at no charge and include:
- Self-Inspection Safety Checklist – for Camps and Conference Centers.
- Swimmer Safety Program – complete with free color-coded wristbands.
- Risk Reporter – a quarterly safety newsletter for Camps and Conference Centers.
- A variety of forms and consent document examples, including a parent/guardian consent form, that you can download and print.
To view, download or order your camp safety materials, go to www.churchmutual.com/campsafety.
Church Mutual is the official underwriter of the Property and Liability Insurance Program offered exclusively to CCCA member camps and conferences
"Over the years, Church Mutual has demonstrated its support of CCCA members by developing an exclusive program that addresses the unique requirements of camps and conference centers. We appreciate Church Mutual’s continued support in the delivery of value to our members, and we’re grateful for their ongoing responsiveness to both the current and future needs of CCCA members. I look forward to continuing this positive relationship with Church Mutual well into the future as they help maximize ministry capabilities for CCCA members.""Christian Camp and Conference Association has a high regard for Church Mutual Insurance Company and has appreciated the value they have provided to CCCA members over the years. I look forward to an ongoing, positive relationship with Church Mutual well into the future."
"As the leading insurer of religious organizations in America, Church Mutual is uniquely positioned to protect CCCA members. Our more than 40 years of experience insuring camps and conference centers provides the specialization you can trust to handle the insurance needs of your camp. You’ll be able to feel at ease with Church Mutual, knowing that you have the expertise of a company that has been serving religious organizations since 1897 on your side."
Michael E. Ravn
Contact Church Mutual to receive your program benefits
If you are a CCCA member not currently insured with Church Mutual, call us at (800) 554-2642 or click this link to request a quote.
A Church Mutual representative will develop a detailed, on-site risk analysis — a value-added service we offer at no charge--to assess your needs and the scope of your activities. Only then will they take the components of this exclusive program and recommend a tailor-made policy for you.
This program includes these key advantages:
- Safety dividend eligibility based on the collective experience of all participating CCCA members. Approximately $4.2 million has been returned to participating members since 2006.
- Premium credits for running a safe operation, based on your individual camp/conference loss experience.
- A committee composed of Church Mutual and CCCA members who will be working to improve safety, coverages and policy provisions.
- Coverage enhancements only available through this specially designed program. These will be periodically evaluated to assure protection for changing issues.
- Availability of an insurance consultant to monitor the program on CCCA's behalf.