How Do I File a Disaster Claim?
If your facility has suffered hurricane damage, report the loss immediately to Church Mutual’s Claims Department at (800) 554-2642, select Option 2.
If you cannot locate your policy, the Claims Department can access your records.
Record your Church Mutual account number on a wallet card.
Your Church Mutual policy includes claims reporting forms that can be faxed to 715-539-4651 or mailed to Church Mutual, P.O. Box 342, Merrill, WI 54452-0342.
Forms can also be downloaded directly from our website.
Your initial reporting of a claim also can be done by email to email@example.com. If you choose this option, please provide a brief description of the damage or injury. Please also provide your name, policy and account numbers (if you have them) and the name and address of the Named Insured on your policy. Include your telephone number and the best time to reach you.
In support of your claim:
- Record all damages with photographs or video.
- Prepare a room-by-room inventory of missing or damaged goods, with specific information like manufacturers’ names, dates, serial numbers, prices and receipts.
- Keep all records and receipts from hurricane-related expenses.
Hurricane Claim FAQs
- What should I do immediately following the storm?
- Can I start repairs right away?
- For more major repairs, how many estimates will I need to get?
- How much time do I have to pursue a claim?
What should I do immediately following the storm?
Do not return to your building until authorities advise that it is safe. Then, document your losses in detail with pictures of structural damage along with a list of items that have been broken or destroyed.
Can I start repairs right away?
You can make temporary repairs, such as boarding up broken windows and covering walls or roofs to prevent further damages. Make sure to keep receipts for supplies purchased to do so.
For more major repairs, how many estimates will I need to get?
Obtain detailed estimates from three reliable contractors that itemize the costs of necessary and permanent repairs.
How much time do I have to pursue a claim?
Normally, you have a two-year period, but it is best to pursue your claim immediately.